Upon completion of the education, participants will be able to:
- Understand and explain the anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology of the human body’s endocannabinoid system.
- Understand and explain the constituents of cannabinoid base medications.
- Refer to latest studies and TGA guidelines to ensure best practice diagnosis, management and referral options for the treatment with cannabinoid-based medicines of CNCP, Cancer pain and symptoms, MS, insomnia, anxiety, PTSD, and epilepsy.
- Understand safety considerations in prescribing cannabinoid-based medications, including, side effects, relative and absolute contraindications, drug interactions and safety.
- Utilise best practice recommendations in medication selection, dosing, and titration for cannabinoid-based treatments.
- Select appropriate TGA prescribing pathways.
- Identify key health professionals to collaborate with in a multidisciplinary setting to support patients.
- Evaluate and communicate best practices for the daily administration of medicinal cannabis to patients.
CPD Home Snychronization